Sunday, May 13, 2012

First Dress

The year is 1997. I am late in the third trimester with my first child.

A  baby shower was thrown for us. 


One of the gifts was the tiniest pink with lace trim dress I had ever seen. I couldn't imagine that soon I would have something that little.

Just a few days later, after 21 hours of labor, a tiny little bundle was put in my arms.

A few weeks later she wore that dress to an Easter celebration with her cousins.


That dress was then passed on to three other sisters. Once again being the first dress they wore.

I then put the dress in storage, thinking my own first daughter might one day give us a granddaughter that could in turn wear that dress.

What fun to be able to pull it out for yet another daughter.




Who, alas has almost outgrown it. 

Then back in storage it will go. 

The scary thought is that it is not so long in the future when that granddaughter might come (only seven more years if she's the age when I had my first).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...