In the Fall one traditionally thinks of color. As I drove my kids to school the other day, I realized Spring is just as much color.
It's green grass (which I thoroughly enjoyed mowing on Saturday).
White, pink and even yellow blossoms on my trees.
Tulips (of all colors) and white and yellow daffodils in my front flower garden.
I even have orange tulips that decorate my kitchen table thanks to a thoughtful visiting teacher.
This week we spent some time looking at and discussing what Spring really is. I must give credit to my mother for this project as it's one I remember her doing. Anyone familiar with this song can see where she got her inspiration from.
It's pretty simple. Print out a tree. We got this one from here. Pop popcorn. Color the flowers if you so desire. Then glue on the popcorn-making sure you eat a plenty of popcorn along the way. Hey it's a project and a snack!
How funny--I was eating a bowl of popcorn as I was reading this post. I'm not going to give up this bowl for a craft, but maybe the next one. Another cute idea!
ReplyDeleteKara, this site has a lot of cute preschool activities, food, projects, etc.
ReplyDeleteprojectsforpreschoolers.com
Lisa-Thanks for that site! It looks great and I will definitely be spending some time looking through it over the next few days.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for posting this! I had forgotten about this. We just did this activity this morning and the kids loved it.
ReplyDelete