Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Gets Your Heart Beating

Jolly J did the second half of her purple belt test this past weekend.   
Part 1 was about a month ago.

They started out with weapons (I didn't know this was a requirement yet). 

Here she is with the bo staff





They then spent the next two hours doing forms. This is a serious of movements designed to hit an attacker in specified places and in a certain order.


Then it's Kumite (sparring). 

Keep in mind this video is after she has been sparring for at least 10 minutes.





Just watching her gets my heart pumping. 
After she finished this her comment was, "I almost threw up". 
I guess she worked hard and truly earned her

PURPLE BELT


1 comment:

  1. So impressive! Wow. I bet that accomplishment feels really good. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...