I'm tired of always butting heads with one of my children. It seems no matter what I try I just can't get it right.
I'm tired of kids coming to me complaining of something their sibling is doing to them. The next thing I know they are then doing the same exact thing to their younger sibling.
Just how much toilet paper does a family of 5 girls use?
Oh, the joy of varicose veins.
But alas, that isn't very fun to read so instead I'll fill this post with random things I want to remember but can't seem to think of a fun way to make a blog post out of them. Plus that's pretty much what this blog is for-me and my kids and the ability to remember everyday life.
- I cleared my garden out the other day. Most of the plants aren't producing or got hit by a recent cold spell. I sure am going to miss home grown tomatoes this winter. My five year old highly disagrees. She thinks "I'm disgusting" for eating tomatoes.
- I think my youngest two are going through zucchini withdrawal. Normally we plant one plant and it is more than enough. It's all we can do to keep up with that one plant's production as we eat anything possible made from zucchini-muffins, bread, casserole, pizza and even freeze grated zucchini for later. This year that one plant could hardly produce enough for my youngest two to eat. The standing joke was if you want any zucchini you had better get it before it gets passed to them.
- To help Jolly J prepare for her upcoming belt test we have been going to the indoor track. It's a good thing she likes karate for I think we have something related to karate every weekend for the next few weeks. One of which is her brown belt test. If you remember from this she has to run. This time it is 3 miles. We have made it a family affair. My youngest two thing it is the greatest. The love going to the track! Recently when discussing what to do for an upcoming school vacation their first suggestion was, "We could go to the track!"
- I am so grateful to be feeling well enough to make bread. I'm glad my kids can make memories of playing with the dough just as I did as a kid.
- My son dumped out the plastic tub toy box the other day and spent a few hours pretending he was a turtle. Boy do I have memories of playing with big cardboard washer boxes in my front driveway. They were good for so many things.
Hey, it's Friday and only one more week until we find out if we are having a boy or a girl (any guesses?)
Have a great weekend!
I'm guessing girl...but I'm always wrong so you will probably have a boy. Can't wait to find out!!
ReplyDeleteI don't know what to guess, but I think another boy would be awesome to add to your mix. Of course another girl would be great too!
ReplyDeleteI don't know what to guess, but I can't wait to hear either way! :)
ReplyDelete