Sunday, February 28, 2010

Snips and snails and puppy dogs' tails



In TWO days my baby turns TWO on TUESDAY the SECOND (is that enough TWOs for you). I am starting to the feel the end of a season of my life. It is hard to believe I am very close to being done with pregnancy and babies. While there are some moments I am grateful to not relive(morning sickness for 5 months, weight gain, sore legs, varicose veins and labor to name a few) there will also be many moments I will miss. There is nothing quite like seeing your child for the first time and the contentment of holding a sleeping infant.

I have had many people ask me if it is very different having a boy after four girls.

Besides the obvious physical differences..........

Not really.


Just like the girls he loves to be rocked, cuddled
and be right around mom all the time.




He can often be seen playing with dolls and Barbies 
(of course maybe that's because we have a ton of these).



There is still plenty of dress-up



And he is perfecting the fine art of hair combing

I must say though, after 12 years
of ribbons, bows, ponytails and braids,
I kind of like just wetting it down and maybe combing through it.
Of course the frequent hair cuts are another story.




Not to worry though, we are starting to notice some differences.




Having a boy means new toys
and he truly loves the cars and balls.



Even from an early age he loved to roar


and it has only gotten better.



After watching him ride his horse, there is no doubt
his rough and tumble side is starting to emerge.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD BOY!

4 comments:

  1. Happy 2nd Birthday! He is incredibly adorable. Love the pictures, especially the hair combing one. Julia loves these videos. She kept signing "again" after the horse one; I think we watched it about 15 times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! He is adorable. I'm glad to see he is into balls and such. We really enjoyed the videos. And, your fishpond is really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, you said you're "almost" done with the pregnancy & babies phase. Is there a hidden message, or am I reading too much between the lines...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca, definitely reading too much between the lines. I just don't feel like I'm done with the baby phase until he's out of diapers and will sleep through the night. The last week he has decided to wake up every morning at 4 am.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...