We were disappointed to learn that the bears are off exhibit while they build a whole new area called Rocky Point. I guess we will have a reason to go next year.
For a few years there hasn't really been any lions. Unless the drinking fountain counts. We saw it plenty as Bud Boy loved to get a drink every time he saw it.
I remember a lions exhibit from my childhood trips but this was torn out a few years ago and a tiger exhibit put in. While it is a lot nicer looking for the animals (more than just animals in cages) it has pretty much been a disappointment in terms of seeing the tigers.
| Just a lot of sleeping was all we ever saw |
And a chance to get this traditional picture
This year was far from disappointing. We were greeted by this
Later he was joined by his two brothers and all three let us hear them roar.
| Wouldn't want to meet these guys by surprise in the jungle |
We also got to see one go for a swim
That's the neat think about the zoo. It always changing and each time we see animals do things we haven't seen before.
Can't wait until next time!
I hope they spared you from the reptile house. The smell of that place makes my stomach turn even when I'm not pregnant!
ReplyDeleteWe were at the zoo yesterday. I was a little disappointed at how much was closed down due to the construction. It should be really nice when it is done though!