She wanted decorations and a surprise.
This is what she woke up to.
Her face was pure enjoyment as she walked through her balloon cascade.
We then followed up with Tator's next request
Lunch at "Dongalls"
That afternoon we had the requested princess cake

Her face was pure enjoyment as she walked through her balloon cascade.
One of the advantages of the Holidays is having lots of activities to do. We started they day out by attending our city's Christmas Parade. We usually then go and see the candy windows. To our disappointment there was only one this year.
We then followed up with Tator's next request
Lunch at "Dongalls"
That afternoon we had the requested princess cake
And then a trip to Build-a-Bear
where Ashley joined our family.
We couldn't have ended the day more perfectly. We went and saw The Living Nativity. A presentation about the birth of Christ that is put on each year by one of the stakes in our area. In this particular portrayal there were many shepherds of differing ages. The shepherds came to the manger and then Mary walked among the shepherds so that they all might see this newborn babe. As I watched this, my heart stirred. I couldn't help think of how not so many years ago (on this very day) we were introducing our new little one to friends and family. I could feel what Mary must have felt.
As the words from Luke were read, "But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart." I truly understood what that meant and I too pondered the miracle. The miracle that our family was blessed with this sweet girl in the month of December. The month we remember God's greatest gift, Our Savior, Jesus Christ.
As the words from Luke were read, "But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart." I truly understood what that meant and I too pondered the miracle. The miracle that our family was blessed with this sweet girl in the month of December. The month we remember God's greatest gift, Our Savior, Jesus Christ.
You do the nicest posts! I loved the cascade of balloons idea- so cool! Looks like the perfect birthday to me!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! It looks like she had such a great day.
ReplyDelete