Monday, June 7, 2010

A legacy, birthday, and the winner is.........


My life is too chaotic to have coordinated this, but I thought how neat when I looked at my calendar. I realized that today is the birthday of my Grandmother. This is the Grandmother that I learned how to crochet from. She is also an excellent cook. We were always well fed whenever we went to visit. I also loved that her kitchen was our kitchen. We felt very comfortable and knew we could get food whenever hungry.

This woman is amazing! I think the thing that impresses me most was that she lived just shy of twelve years after the unexpected death of my grandfather. I can't even imagine living without my husband. I hate it when he is gone just for a weekend camping trip. I know it was a joyful reunion when she joined him in heaven a few years ago. (The picture was taken on our last trip to her home the summer before she died).

How fitting to be announcing the winner of a crochet kitchen towel on this day. Truly her legacy is living on.

Without further ado.


The lucky winner is..................


Rebecca


Congratulations! If you have any preferences, let me know. If not, may you enjoy a little something in the mail soon.

Thanks to everyone for your comments!  I'm looking forward to trying some new recipes.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I can no longer say "I never win these things"!

    I like winning! And I like surprises! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...