Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Why I Smile Today

  1. A husband who still makes me happy in every sense of the word
  2. A polite, happens to be my buddy, two year old
  3. My eleven year old offering to help
  4. My five year old making her bed without complaining
  5. My thirteen year old's chatter
  6. My eight year old's  imagination
  7. The door bell ringing as neighbors drop off goodies
  8. Movies and popcorn
  9. Nights where we enjoy stories of service and quiet miracles
  10. The peaceful glow of Christmas lights
  11. All things put in their place at night
  12. Folded laundry
  13. Cheesecake
  14. Knowing a dear friend is only a phone call away
  15. The calming influence of playing the piano
  16. The inspiration and knowledge I can get as I study the scriptures
  17. Peace as I await answer to prayer
  18. A warm hot shower
  19. Lotion
  20. Peppermint or tin roof sundae ice cream
  21. Playing card games
  22. Knowing Heavenly Father knows me
  23. Knowing that Jesus Christ personally understands everything we may go through
  24. Knowing Joseph Smith lived and translated the gold plates
  25. "Last Christmas I Gave You My Heart"
  26. The sparkle in my children's eyes as they experience service to another
  27. Quiet mornings that are broken with the soft light of the Christmas tree
  28. Homemade soup
  29. Pajamas
  30. A healthy, relatively pain free body
  31. Magnets on the fridge that hold memories of fun family times
  32. Internet-I can find it all within the comfort of my home
  33. Nutcracker ornaments
  34. The white night sky and then waking up to a blanket of snow
  35. Laying in bed hearing the heat blowing through the house
  36. Parents who gave me life

3 comments:

  1. Such a great post! Hope you have a great birthday! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made me smile just to read your "why I smile" list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Kara!

    Good reminder that we all have so many reasons to smile. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...