Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Birthday Wish

                                                                                Picture from here

I love this time of year!

Most people are generally happy.

There are so many fun events and activities to look forward to.

I would much rather be cold than hot.

I love sweaters, the calming sound of heat blowing through the house, wrapping up in a blanket, socks, hot wassail, mint.

I have often wondered if we are born during our favorite time of year or it is our favorite because we born at that time.

Over the years I have often been asked how is it being born so close to Christmas. I don't really mind it. I'm sure it was hard on my parents but they were good at making me feel special on my birthday. A fact I'm very grateful for now that I'm a mom. It can take a lot of planning and brainstorming to do two major events of a child's life and make each one special.

My birthday is typically the day school lets out for the Christmas break. I loved it growing up. If you have to go to school on your birthday, could there be a more fun day? It's usually only half day and then it's many days after that of no homework and regular activities. Just fun times spent with family. It is usually a day of parties at school. This year I get to help out with two class parties.

Last year we had a pretty major snow storm the evening before my birthday. In fact, many friends had so much snow they cancelled school. Much to my kids delight ours wasn't so they could still have their parties. We then came home and played in the snow. It was a perfect way to spend my birthday-playing with my kids in something I love.

Most years we never seem to get enough snow. I always find myself wishing for one more big snowstorm. I guess I'm of the thinking if I live where we are supposed to get snow and are prepared for it then bring it on. My husband has to remind me that in reality we live in a desert. I know, but I have memories of years with a lot of snow and want it every year desert or not.

It's not looking like mother nature is going to agree with me this year and give another birthday gift of snow. A girl can always hope.

I have always loved this song and this year it is my birthday wish. Please send some snow!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, it's blowing a few flakes around where I am...hopefully is sticks around! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope it's a great one. Steve and I love you so much and look forward to any time we can spend with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I hope your shopping is done and you can enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...