I am so grateful that it was just a nightmare. Like most of you, I don't know how I would live without my husband and truly hope to never find out. Here's some things I love about this guy.
His charitable heart. Recently my husband celebrated another birthday. On a Sunday, in fact. Sunday's are long for me. I can't imagine how it is for him. Especially this time of year with tithing settlement. He starts with meetings at 7:00 am and goes all day until our 1:30 church time. After church he gets to come home for a few minutes where we do a quick family counsel and dinner and then most Sundays he heads back to the church from 6:00 until about 8, sometimes 9 pm. I'm sure it can be tiring trying to listen and meets the demands of each ward member. He seems to do it though in such a way that each person feels important and understood. He is also ever willing to help someone. I can't count how many times he has loaned someone tools or cars without a second thought.
His sense of humor. I think his ability to make all of us laugh is what helps me stay grounded and loose my temper a lot less. And of course his hugs. I love it when he comes up from behind and wraps his arms around me. Life just seems better.
Quite often he can be found like this-talking with someone. He has an amazing ability to relate to people and seems to have something to contribute to just about every conversation.
![]() |
For his birthday this year I took all the mementos his mother had saved over the years. They where just in a big pile and scrap booked them. It was fun for me and especially my kids to see a glimpse of what his life was like before we knew him. I was impressed by comments from various teachers that at his young age so reflected who he is and what he became. As an example was one that said, "He has natural abilities in math". This is so true. My daughters benefit from his homework help on almost a daily basis. More than just his understanding of math is his ability to assess and teach it in a way they understand.
| Kind of cheesy, I know |
I am so grateful for his handy man skills. While sometimes I have to learn patience as I wait for him to have the time or desire it is so nice to know he can fix most anything.
As one of his biggest fans said today, "Dad is awesome. Dad can do anything!"
I don't think Bud Boy could have said it any better.
Love ya!
(and NO boating at night)

Love this! Roman is a great example to me and Steve and I both comment on how much he helps us and is fun to be around. I remember when you were marrying Roman and since I was so young I'd think about all the "nice-turned-mean" husband stuff I'd see on TV and really hope you got one that really was nice. Glad that's never been a worry! :)
ReplyDeleteI also remember him helping me with math and loaning me your car when I took J to Christmas Around the World. (I think she was about 4?) I remember being happy that he trusted me enough even though I had just gotten my license.
Hopefully you were able to do something fun for his birthday a different day. Thanks again to him for helping us move the day before.