Can I just say how nice it is to have a husband home on Sunday?
Yesterday was truly the first day where we really felt the reality of not having dad as the bishop.
It was so nice.
- We were able to have an actual breakfast (of french bread french toast). Usually Sunday morning is fend for yourself cereal because I don't have time to make something and get everyone ready.
- We traveled to and from church in one car.
- We sat together. My oldest was a little surprised when I made her slide down on the bench. We needed more room. That day she also realized we are a "big" family for we can't fit on the smaller side pews.
- It was so fun to fix lunch for one more person.
- My husband and I were able to to go an a Sunday walk.
- We played a game as a family.
- It was nice to go to Sunday dinner and actually see my husband be able to talk and visit with his siblings rather than rush off after a quick bite to eat.
I don't know how many Sundays we will get like this but for now I'm really going to enjoy them!
So nice! Glad you're getting more family time. Yesterday Brent didn't have any YM meetings (usually he has a couple before church and during sunday school), he didn't pass the sacrament, and we got to sit next to each other for all 3 meetings. It was amazing...and weird!
ReplyDeleteCatching up on all my blog reading with M home sick from church. This is big news I somehow missed till now! You will have to send me a message and tell me about the new bishopric and if Roman has a new calling by now. So happy for you, that you are getting him around more! Bet he is enjoying it, too! I'm getting just a taste of what you've been through with Damon's calling as EQ pres. This morning he informed me he will have visits pretty much all day...At least I know I will see him sometime tonight when we visit with one more sister who is getting baptized. Anyway...hope you are doing well!
ReplyDelete