A fish pond can be a fascinating thing. The longer you look the more you see. Here's a chance to see more of our lives and for us to remember the things beneath the surface.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Every Day Math
My son LOVES numbers.
He's pretty good with them, too.
At a recent dance concert he spent most of the time entertaining himself by finding the number of the dance we were on. Let's just say there was a lot of dance numbers and he had no trouble finding each number.
For a while 22 was his favorite number.
Currently he is fascinated with what is the last number.
Whenever he has to wait for something he states, "It's going to take forever, like until 8090"
The other day, on the way to pick up Kindergarten carpool, this was our conversation:
Bud Boy: How many legs does a spider have?
Me: Eight (I hope I remembered that right)
Bud Boy: Eight, just like an octopus (how did he know that?)
Me: Do octopuses have eight legs?
Bud Boy: Yep, just like spiders; They are tied!
Bud Boy: 1..2..3...Mom, I'm counting my finger nails.
Me: Okay
Bud Boy: 1.. 2.. 3.. 4.. 5.. 6.. 7... 8... I have more than eight!
Me: You're right, you have 10 fingers
Bud Boy: We aren't tied. (sigh)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!