Anyway back to 5 am. Princess doesn't sleep until then (hopefully one day). That's just the time she decided to stay awake, yesterday, so my day started extra early. Princess currently goes to bed about 9. She then cries out about every hour and will go back to sleep with her pacifier or if we swaddle her up and rock for a few minutes. Swaddling at this age is a first for my kids. But it works for her. She then nurses between 11-12pm and then sleeps for about 2 or three hours stretches until morning which is usually between 6 and 6:30. Sometimes she nurses and goes right back to sleep and others it takes awhile of rocking. Occasionally she will go for a four or five hour stretch. I love those nights!
I've had some suggest sleep training. I have never been good with this. I tried it with my first. It was torture! I wasn't sleeping through the crying (duh) and awake more then if I just did the usual nurse/rock. We did finally get her sleeping better and then she got sick, started teething and up again. Back to square one and I had had it with the sleep training. I preferred to do what worked for me and not just because some book said I should have a baby sleeping through the night.
While I don't enjoy the lack of sleep. If it's one thing I have learned after five kids. They all eventually learn to sleep through the night. Someday Princess will too. For now I just get a kick out of what my husband said the other day,
Sleep?
What is this thing you speak of?
I've heard some people actually enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!