The first day of school I was up rocking Princess back to sleep. I heard Karebear get up and start the shower to begin her preparations for heading off to school. Wasn't it just yesterday she was the little baby I was up with? ( Of course back then I could go back to bed when she feel asleep).
It wasn't that long ago I was that teenager getting up, at an hour I would have much rather been asleep, to get ready for school. So glad I'm still not in that stage of life.
This weekend we had some pretty amazing weather. As Princess nursed, I watched the electric light break through the black night sky. Then the deafening crack of thunder followed by a down pour. I remember when storms like these would send my oldest running, in terror, to our bedroom. Now she too has learned the thrill and amazement of a summer storm.
Nothing marks the passing of time as children. Princess recently learned to sit. As we celebrated this new stage of her life I was once again reminded how fast my children (and I) are growing and ever changing. It's a good thing but sometimes breaks my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!