Monday, September 17, 2012

How is it with Six Kids?

I get asked this question quite a bit.

I heard this word the other day and thought it is the perfect way to answer this question.

S-T-R-E-T-C-H-E-D. 

That truly is how I feel. 

I am helping one child with learning how to drive and worrying if we have taught her enough to be prepared for dating. She informed us the other day that that day is less than 6 months away.

At the same time I am helping another child learn how to eat solid foods.

I am trying to teach one child letters and their sounds while helping another to sound out hard words rather than just guess. Not to mention trying to stay awake during reading time.

My afternoons are filled with running kids to soccer, dance and karate.

My family expects dinner every night (can you believe it) and I guess breakfast and lunch too.

Every spare minute after the laundry, grocery shopping, paying bills and weeding through the mail pile is spent trying to preserve garden produce and a very productive peach tree. I think my nails are permanently stained orange.

Then there is supervising flute and piano practicing (plus lessons). And we must not forget homework. Oh and I'm supposed to be studying as well (time to renew my nursing license).

They say the first step in starting an exercise program is to be active. Currently that is my only exercise program. So I guess you can describe my wardrobe as stretched as well. Most everything just barely fits. Someday I'll make it back to my ideal size. 

There are many days where I wonder how I can do another day?


Makes me smile every time I see this photo

Funny thing, though, all it takes is one big smile. Or a sweet note passed to me during regional conference that make it all worth it.

3 comments:

  1. You're definitely an amazing example to me! I wonder how you do it, but know that you really do do it well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get it, & I only have 3. Life is long... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel stretched with just 2! (and no garden or fruit trees...) You are truly an amazing mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...