Friday, January 25, 2013

What's up

Does January just drag on or what? It has been so cold and we are all just couped up inside. My husband and I just keep taking turns being sick. (Gotta love cold sores and mastitis on top of the present circulating virus). While it's nice that both of us aren't down at the same time I do miss kissing my husband.

I finally took down our Christmas decorations (all except the outside ones; gotta wait until those thaw out). This is always a hard thing for me. Not just because of the work it involves. Dragging out the boxes, packing everything and then putting back the boxes Ugh!. It is also hard emotionally for me to take down the ornaments my kids have made over the years. They are growing so fast. Such great memories. I'm going to be a basket case when they start leaving the house.



My ten year old asked, "Why are babies so cute?" It's the only thing that is keeping mom sane these days. Teething, illnesses, you name it. Some days (and nights) I get tired of the crying. Thank goodness she sprinkles a few hugs, open mouthed slobbery kisses followed by her smacking her lips and a squeal of delight when we do pick her up to balance things out.

Poor girl, got a bloody nose right before and missed performing this dance

Our dancers had a recital last weekend. It is a lot of fun to watch them dance. What's not so fun is the hair.  This years particular hair style is a challenge. I do okay with the basics-  ponytail with a bow, braids, piggy tails but something extravagant and it stresses me. How did I end up with 5 girls? Thank goodness my oldest two are pretty good and enjoy whipping out something new. They are often checking out this website and trying out something fun.

I guess Bud Boy has felt left out lately. After many years of adamantly refusing to let his sister spike his hair, he started requesting hair styles. Thank goodness for gel. The first day of his "spiked hair" he came to me in the afternoon and asked when dad was going to be home. After the reply of soon, he said, "Good for I don't know how long this (runs his hand over the top of his head from front to back) is going to last"



My oldest is doing swimming for PE. She's a trooper in this cold (high of -9 one day). These girls amaze me how they can have minimal amount of time to do their hair before rushing off to their next class yet they always look so cute. So glad swimming wasn't part of my PE day growing up. Don't get me wrong. I love swimming but only when it's warm and not when I have to go someplace right after.

Our second daughter recently had a birthday. Instead of gifts we just took her shopping. She lucked out to have school off for her birthday so her and mom made a day of it. Been a long time since I have been able to browse shop without little ones. This is one part of teenager daughters I could get used to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...