Yesterday, the neighbors across the street from us, moved. Yes, this is the neighbor that has a boy whom my son plays with any chance he can. Now their house sits empty and I feel a pang of sadness. I am happy for them. It is a good move for them but just sad to see them go. Some neighbors it is just harder to see leave. I kind of feel like a chapter of our lives has just ended.
I am currently planning birthday celebrations for three of my kids. Milestone birthdays this year.
The baby turns one. It's funny how when you are right in the midst of sleepless nights, millions of diaper changes, feeding frustrations, crying, constant chaos, endless worries if she is ok? Am I doing this right? Just making it to the next day seems a constant battle. Now, I wonder where has the time gone and I find myself already missing a stage of life that I know will never be again.
Bud Boy is turning five. We received notice about Kindergarten registration the other day. NO! my buddy can't be heading to kindergarten already. I am going to miss having him around all the time. It's not like I haven't had others head off to school. This one just seems harder.
My oldest is turning sixteen. Words could never express my feelings about this. Life with our kids at home is so short! She is now starting on the path toward one day when she will be married and raising her own family.
Life truly is tugging at my heart strings lately. So many chapters of life coming to an end.
I have had a hard time finding the desire to blog lately. Before I started blogging, I remember reading some pretty popular blogs and being amazed at the number of followers they had. So many comments. When I first started there was a brief moment of "what if mine became one of those". Don't we all, being human, think that? I soon came to realize that I really didn't have a desire anymore for that to happen. The pressure to keep up a great blog wasn't something I wanted in my life. Mostly I blogged as a way to stay connected with close family and friend and to keep a record for our family.
Lately, I've wandered in trying to decided what I want to write about. I have succumb to thinking what I do isn't that special. I don't have anything unique to write about. I don't write well and can't seem to remember any grammar rules lately. It's not funny. I can't draw something inspirational from an everyday event. Why would anybody want to read, that? Most days I just choose to do something else when I have a free moment. Like read.
You know in books when one chapter ends....... another begins! So it is with our lives.
While some stages are ending, new chapters are beginning.
Our neighbors didn't move too far away so will be able to maintain some contact. It will just be different. Their house will soon be filled with new neighbors which hopefully means new friends.
My youngest has so many new things to learn. Can't wait to hear her talking! Plus, having independent kids who sleep through the night really is all it's chalked up to be.
I'm excited to hear the everyday joys of Kindergarten.
Dating and driving, dances, boys, ACT, thrills of college acceptance letters, scholarships, graduation. I can't wait to share these fun times!
And, of course, I have this blog to keep a record of it all. For after all that's why I started blogging.
Let's just hope looking back on memories isn't too hard on my heart (thanks goodness a good cry usually helps).
Keep blogging. I love your blog! Mine isn't interesting to anyone except me, but it is the only journal I am keeping up and I'm hoping my kids will appreciate it in years to come.
ReplyDeleteIt is incredibly hard when friends move. Bud Boy was so lucky to have a good friend so close by and I'm glad that he's still close enough to play.
ReplyDeleteI second The Lymans, keep blogging (when you can)! Your words often uplift me, like these ones that reminded me that when one chapter ends, another begins.
Good luck with the birthday prep and hope everyone has special days!