Friday, November 13, 2009

You Say Tomato, I Say. . .

Each one of my kids has their own unique personalities but I have definitely seen a trend. My first and third have a lot in common. As do the second and fourth. I guess that is why we had a boy (blond hair and blue eyed) for the fifth. He had to break the mold in every way.

One common thing between my second and fourth is their ability to label things to how they heard them. Jolly J (the number 2 child) has long outgrown this stage but I will never forget her calling cauliflower; caulifornia.

Can't you hear it now,
"Please pass the caulifornia."







I can't either. It was more like,

"EWW! what is that?" (as I bought some in the grocery store) and my educated daughter telling her younger sister "It is caulifornia"

Tater (number 4 daughter) is currently in this love-able stage. No matter how much her sisters or cousins try to correct her she reverts back to her old ways and I can't help but smile each time I hear her say:

People as Poople
or
Elevator as Alligator.



So the next time you take your little poople on an alligator you can smile right along with me.

3 comments:

  1. Where's that like button? That is one hilarious post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice you started a blog so you can write and remember all the cute things your kids say? I will never be able to take an "alligator" without smiling again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cute! I've hesitated on correcting my kids' speech sometimes because it's so cute! Tookies for Cookies, Piss for Kiss, etc. And, I think it really should be tookies instead of cookies - much more fun to say.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...