As I was driving my kids to school this past week I heard on the radio how some magazine had come out with this years top 25 most influential people. Most of the people on this list where pretty predictable as they are fairly public figures and have influenced the lives of many, whether for good or bad. This reminded me of an experience I had a few weeks ago.. .
I had the rare chance to be driving in the car by myself. As I was driving, I found my thoughts centering around how I feel like my life is fairly average. I have always felt like I can do many things but not really good or extremely proficient at any of them. My thoughts turned to people I know who are amazing singers and the influence they have had. I then thought of people I know who play the piano really well. Then on to people who write well and the influence they are having on others. I reflected on how neat their lives must be and of course how mine didn't seem that fantastic and how what I do was pretty mediocre and ordinary.
As I continued driving and thinking, I had the thoughts come into my mind "yes, but you are living the life I intended for you and influencing the people you should be." Along with those thoughts came an overpowering feeling of assurance that they were true for not only me but every person. Each one of us came to the Earth for a specific purpose and each one of us were given talents to fulfill that purpose. Some are blessed with amazing abilities and will bless the lives of many. For most of us though we go about quietly, living a fairly average life. If we do the best we can then we are living the life God intended for us.
What a great thought. I think you touch more lives than you realize. Happy birthday tomorrow! If I could I would send some snow to you.
ReplyDelete