Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Transition

During the last week we have enjoyed a lot of time to play, relax and do activities with extended family. Needless to say we all dreaded the return to school, work and regular activities. Here's yesterday's recipe to help make this transition.

  • A little shopping. Even if it was groceries I still LOVE finding things we need on sale.

  • Lots of good music while trying to take down Christmas decorations.

  • Sundaes and game night for Family Home Evening

  • Plenty of good humor. After the kids left for school I asked my four year old what she wanted to do today. She responded with, "we should paint my nails. I just like (what it's called)........oh yeah! paul nailish on them".


(I think she picked a fitting color for this post holidays blue time of year)

Later that evening, Karebear was commenting on her sister's new bling.

"Oh, Tater I like your paint nolish".

I don't know what you call it. All these years we never clued in that this was how Karebear referred to nail polish until Tater happened to try to mimic her, but couldn't quite remember what to say. Goes to show we sometimes hear what we want to and not what is actually said.

3 comments:

  1. I catch myself talking like my kids all the time. It seems completely normal to me until someone looks at me funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny about the nail polish. What a good way to ease the transition. We didn't plan such a smooth transition--shots for Julia and painting...we'll have to get a game night in for a belated FHE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa- So glad it's not just me that does that.

    Jenny-In some ways I would like to be painting. I am so ready to have the remolding plans we have for this house to be completed. I dread living through them so it is so hard to start.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...