Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patricks Day!

It may not be one of the major holidays you celebrate but this day has always been a pretty big deal at our house.

Or at least ever since we became parents on that day.




With your first, every little step, stage, age is a looked forward to and is a momentous occasion. The first day of school was not one thing I looked forward to but it came and went before I knew it.




Now she is a teenager who barely has time for breakfast before she rushes out to catch the school bus.






This morning we made one of her favorite green foods to start the day out right.

Moist Zucchini Muffins

3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 large egg
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup grated zucchini
mini chocolate chips

Stir together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt and nutmeg. Beat together the egg, sugar and oil until blended; add the flour mixture and zucchini.. Stir only until dry ingredients are moistened. Fill greased muffin pans (or we use cup cake liners) two thirds full. Sprinkle on a few mini chocolate chips. Bake @ 350 for 25 minutes. Make 8


Just in case you were wondering if she is sick of green yet?




 It's an emphatic NO! She flaunts it



Happy Birthday!



3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Karebear! Man, a teenager? I think I'm turning into one of those aunts that says, "I remember holding you when you were a baby, look how much you've grown..."! I was wondering about the green, glad she's not sick of it yet. Hope she has a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...can't believe she's 13 already. She's so pretty. Tell her happy birthday from us! (oh, and I commented on my blog about the recipe for the cake under your comment)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did our kids get this old? I swear they were just 18 months yesterday! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...