Last night I was helping Minnie fill out some of the scrapbook papers we have on her baptism. One of the sections she was to fill out said, What I remember most about this day.
She said, "My dad got two moles cut off!"
This mole has often been noticed by most of the children in the ward. Especially the young men he has worked with. He has endured some good teasing and as been affectionately called Mole Man by some of those boys. This mole is not something my husband is self conscious about but we have discussed occasionally over the years getting it removed for it is a pain to shave around. It is just pretty low on the totem pole of things to get done.
My brother is a physician assistant and had to work the morning of Minnie's baptism. We were all enjoying lunch at our home after wards when he called to let his wife know he was done and would come over to join us. She then handed the phone to me and my brother asked me if my husband wanted him to bring the supplies to cut the mole of his face. If he was offering, we were willing ,so that afternoon my husband lost two of his identifying trade marks. Or at least he always jokes, If I ever had to identify his body, I would by the mole on his face and back.
It may not be what one would expect to remember about the day they were baptized but I guess we made it a memorable day in some way.
Cute family pic!
ReplyDeleteI had a mole removed once, and now I have a scar that's bigger than the mole was. A white scar is less conspicuous than a mole, though.