I love seeing those I love all dressed in white. Of course seeing Minnie in white has not been a rare occurrence. Ever since she was little she has loved to pretend about getting married. Whether it's herself or with a doll or Barbies.
Minnie has always loved the temple. When she was two there was a period of time where we heard often, " I get mareed in tempo!". She would repeat it and often get upset. It was as if it was something she wanted to do right then! We would finally satisfy her by going to our local temple grounds so she could "go to tempo". We made the mistake one day of going when the temple was actually open. As Minnie watched the people go in I saw her eyes light up with excitement to only be soon filled with tears as we got her hand and explained she couldn't go inside. We explained some day she could but it was hard for a two year old to understand.
This weekend as I took the opportunity to go to the temple with my husband and then saw my daughter again dressed in white, excited for her baptism, I was reminded of this experience.
I realized that some day will be here sooner then I know.
Kids just grow way up to fast.

Wow! Already 8? How did that happen? I love baptism pictures! She is adorable! Have you seen the "Three dresses of white" poem -it sounds perfect for her! We can totally relate to the "tempo" incident. Captain was the same way. Except he would be screaming "tempo, tempo, tempo" each time we'd pass by the temple (usually on the freeway). It was a common trip Sunday afternoons with him, and usually it was excitement to see it, but there were a couple times when he was sad we were leaving or only passing by.
ReplyDelete