Friday, July 16, 2010

My daily reminder

This past weekend I had the privilege of quietly watching as a girl went through the temple for her first time. The final preparation before her upcoming marriage for time and all eternity to the man she loved. As I sat next to this girl, a stranger to me but someone I felt connect to. I couldn't help reflect on how I felt and what I thought when it was me. It seemed like it was just yesterday.

My thoughts then turned to, "How did I get here?"......

I have been married long enough I can hardly remember what it was like to be single and living with my parents.

I have five kids!

I have a teenager.

I remember making dinner and having enough left overs to last for lunch the next few days. Now I have to double the recipe just to have enough for one meal.

I no longer just hear mothers say they are a soceer mom and a chauffeur. I am living that life!


Today as I read some blogs, I was reminded of some frustrating times and some similar cute things my kids used to do. At the time they were so real and now I could hardly remember that they happened.

My thoughts have culminated into this post where I have realized this has been a time for me to once again be reminded. I need to take time to enjoy and be grateful for what is going on in my life right now.

All to soon, when my kids are grown, I will sit down in a quiet house, uninterrupted, to write a blog entry. My house will not be in an uproar when I finish and will think, "How did I get here?"

1 comment:

  1. Great reminder for all of us. It all goes so fast, doesn't it???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...