Sunday, July 4, 2010

Open House


The Fourth of July is a pretty big deal around here. There is a lot of events to help celebrate this day. It has become tradition for our family to have a BBQ and front yard fireworks. When we first started our remodeling we had our goal to be finished before our BBQ. We almost reached our goal, but enough was done and we were ready for a break from housework every weekend. Ready to play! The planned trim work around the windows we will tackle this fall.

If you so desire to look,  here's a sampling of our "new home" we are enjoying.


The Kitchen



(I forgot to get a good before picture.
Too excited to get started I guess)


 (After)

 Could you spot the differences?

We tiled, painted and put in new counter tops


 We then ripped out this carpet from the hall way, two main living rooms and the master bedroom.



After painting the white walls we replaced it with this






 (living room connected to the kitchen)




(front living room-what the front door opens into)




We put tile down the hall way
















And the re did the bathroom at the end of the hallway.

(before)






(after)

4 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful! Did you do all of it yourselves? Tiring, but I'm sure it saved you a lot of money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, it looks great! I bet you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments!

    Lisa, we had someone else install the carpet and the kitchen counter tops. We did everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I love everything. Want to come do our house now? :) It's 90 years old, quite a good challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...