Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer Reading

We love books! The summer is a perfect time for us to get lost in a story. I love what my oldest said to her father the other day, "The problem with finishing a book is you have become so involved in the characters' lives you just want it to keep going."

She just recently finished living with the characters in the Ink Heart series and is now reading, Princess of the Midnight Ball  by Jessica Day George that her grandmother loaned her.

Minnie has been taking suggestions from Karebear and is currently loving, My Fairy Grandmother by Aubrey Mace

As for me, I spend every minute I can reading FableHaven. (I know I'm a little behind the times). I love to go from one book to the next in a series so sometimes I hold off until most of the books have been written. I didn't do that with Hunger Games though, My daughter and I read this together. Can't wait until August 24! We even pre-ordered it.

Jolly J always loves a good mystery and if it is at all scary it is right up her alley. She is currently reading  books from the Nancy Drew series.

The other day Tator and I quite enjoyed reading this gem from the library,  Cinderella's Rat by Susan Meddaugh. It is the basic Cinderella story but told from the view of the rat (you know the one who gets turned into the coachmen).

My sons current favorite is A Place to Sleep by Holly Meade. I'm not sure why, but we can't go a day without him dragging it to somebody to read it to him.

What are you reading this summer?

2 comments:

  1. I loved Hunger Games - just finished book 2 this morning. August is going to be a great month with the 3rd book coming out and with Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson coming on the 31st!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like my neighborhood book group, because it keeps me reading. We read the original "Tarzan" book last month, and it was surprisingly fun to read. Now I'm reading "Life of Pi", which is really interesting, but I put it on hold this week so I can read "The Help" for next week's book group.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...