Monday, December 13, 2010

Keeping It Real


A few years ago we where given this. It is one of our favorite neighbor gifts. I'm sure they would be amazed that we still have it.  Not only do we have it but we use it! Each night we gather around and add one piece to the nativity to count down the days to Christmas. It is a great way to remember why we celebrate. Each piece has a saying about Christ and then we sing a favorite Christmas song before retiring to bed.


Each morning one of the children gets to move Mary and Joseph on their journey towards Bethelem. Christmas Eve we then put up the other figures as we read the Christmas Story from the Bible.




 Did you notice they are half way there?

Only twelve more days until Christmas!

Are you ready?

4 comments:

  1. I love those. Brings back memories of doing that top one when I was younger. I've probably asked you before but can't remember, where did you get the bottom one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny-I got it a long time ago at a party that was selling felt products (you know like a Tupperware party). The company was called The Story Teller. I did a quick search on the internet and found a company that stated they used to be The Story Teller. Here's the link for the advent. http://www.funfelt.com/advent.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kara! I'm so excited to use it next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...