Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Full Plate

I'm sure if you have seen any of my recent facebook post you are aware of how life has recently gotten busier for us.

About two weeks ago, Jolly J was contacted by her soccer coach and she started practices. I figured pretty soon we would hear from Minnie's coach but knew they didn't have to contact us for at least another week. So we waited.......





And waited.......








And waited.........



Finally, I contacted the district and we learned her team didn't have a coach. I was then told to just show up at the first game. I asked what happens if she doesn't have a coach. In not so many words they basically said they just expect the parents to help out at the games.

I was shocked!

We pay money to sign our kids up for soccer.

I knew the coaching was done all by volunteers, but I didn't realize that they wouldn't try to make sure every team had a coach. No wonder so many of those who are serious about soccer play on club teams.

For us, soccer is a form of exercise that my daughters have found they enjoy but we aren't that serious about it.

I knew going to my daughter's games and not having things organized and run by a coach would frustrate me. Plus, they would never get to have practices and attempt to learn some skills.

I know very little about soccer and have never played (unless junior high PE counts). Between watching my siblings play and attending Jolly J's games I have cheered from the side lines a lot . At least the game wasn't completely foreign and I knew I could at least organize things. So.... we, in a matter of few seconds, decided to become soccer coaches. I say WE for it was going to take both my husband and I to be able to have a coach be present at every game.

This past weekend,we have been studying soccer.

I have found my time equally spent also searching through recipes. First and for most, I am a mom, and soccer or not dinner has to be made. Unfortunately, now, the time up to that precious dinner hour I'm not around to make dinner. It is going to require a lot of meals that can be made ahead of time to make it through the next six weeks.

I have come to realize that most of my crock pot recipes are soup......

My kids are sick of soup!

I am in need of some new crock pot or make ahead meals. If anybody has one they like, I would love it if you would pass it on to me.

I know many others are in the same position as me. One of our local grocery stores has taken to printing crock pot recipes in their weekly advertisements. I tried one of the recipes and we all liked it so I'll pass it on.

Hope it helps as you navigate life and still attempt to nourish.



Pot Roast

(1) 1-3 lb Boneless Chuck Pot Roast
(2) 10.75 oz Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup
(1) 2 oz pkg Dry Onion Soup Mix
(1) 1 lb bag baby carrots 
(1) 5lb bag potatoes (peeled and quartered)
1 yellow onion (diced)

Mix 2 cans golden mushroom soup and dry onion soup with 1/2 cup water.
Place pot roast in crock pot and coat with soup mixture.
Add potatoes, carrots and onion
Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours or on LOW setting for 6 to 9 hours.
Serves 6 to 8.




1 comment:

  1. Hey Kara, I haven't tried this recipe but it looks really good: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/crock-pot-santa-fe-chicken-425-pts.html. And have you seen this website? http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ I've tried a few from there, but they've mostly been soup. Maybe you can find some other ideas. Good luck with soccer. What a good mom you are to take on one more busy thing so your kids can benefit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...