Friday, March 4, 2011

Once There Was a Snowman



I love snow! Unfortunately where we live we rarely get LOTS (at least in my opinion) of snow. We have a lot of storms that drop a little bit. Each winter I find myself wishing for just one more storm and love it if it is more than a skiff. I'm sure I would feel differently if I lived in an area that isn't equipped for snow, but we are so I say bring it on.

Most of the time it's just a blanket of white that covers everything during the middle of the night. I enjoy the sparkle in the sun light as I drive my kids to school and then sigh as it is all melted by evening.

The end of February we got a storm that brought in more than a skiff of snow. We were all so excited and rushed right out to shovel and play. After towing my youngest two around on the sled, we decided to make a snowman. We couldn't get the snow to pack. I told my kids, "It will probably work better tomorrow so let's head in for hot chocolate".

I was sure the snow would stay a few days this time since we had gotten a fair amount. Much to our dismay it was all melted by the time Bud Boy had woken up from naps. 

We did the next best thing and made these






I think my kids new favorite part of our "projects" (has Tator calls them)  is taking pictures. They sure had fun with it this time.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a good mom! You like snow, AND you do projects! Bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, we didn't do one snowman out here this year! Just not enough snow, or too cold, or no time. Glad you finally got your snow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...