The second week our summer routine and "chores" start. My nine year old started the week off with "we are the only family that has to do chores during the summer. We never did them last year and you never make us practice the piano during the summer". It's a good thing I have this blog to remind her.
As for the time off part I'm not sure where that went.......
- Prepped the trailer and then hauled this up to our land for the summer. It's the first camping night of the summer and this year we enjoyed it with some cousins.
- Went through everybody's closet and drawers. Our middle school has a uniform of sorts. (Not a big fan but that's a post for another day). Karebear left middle school and Jolly J starts next Fall. It was time to see what could be passed down. Since we were doing one child, might as well do the rest.
- Tried potty training. He was in tears. I was frustrated. Give it another go in a few months. Will I ever have a time again without diapers? He assures me when "he is dad's age."
- Hauled a old, worn out couch from our upstairs to the dump.
- Major cleaning of the toy room (where the couch was as well). I've heard of moms rotating toys. The kids then have "new" toys and play leaving mom with uninterrupted time. I guess I do the more natural way of rotating. Clean up the piles and bring out toys that have made it to the bottom of the toy boxes. "Hey, look I haven't seen that in forever" or "where did we get that?". With "new toys" and more floor space (since we got rid of the couch) my kids have spent a lot of time playing. Just might have to do this the first week of every school break.
- Went and visited Great Grandparents. Unfortunately, we were the cause of stumble which resulted in a lot of bruises and a broken toe for Grandma. Her main concern was that we still come back to visit. We'll have to make good on our promise to do so.
- Went miniature golfing (an exercise in patience with a three year old) and saw the movie Megamind (thanks to Cinemark Clubhouse)
- Backyard swimming. Swim suit on, check. Sunscreen, check. Set up pool, toys, sprinkler for 15 minutes. Sounds of delight for 15 minutes. "It's coooold". Clean up for 30 minutes. Gotta love swimming when it's warm, but not hot.
- Have already heard, "There's nothing to do." (Sigh)
Sounds like fun! We'll have to get together sometimes to give them something to do. Maybe use our passes for something.
ReplyDelete