I thought I would periodically share what they choose to cook. Since they tend to cook their favorite foods I figured this would be a good way to record what they liked growing up.
Plus tastes change. Such is the case with my oldest. When she was little she wouldn't touch ground beef with a ten foot pole. Thus she hated this dish. Now it is her favorite. She even made it along with some delicious lemon bars to take over to neighbors that recently had a baby.
Shepherd's Pie
Here's her favorite way of making it
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 lb. ground beef
1 can corn (drained)
1 can tomato soup
1/4 tsp chili powder
2 cups mashed potatoes
grated cheese
Brown ground beef and onion. Put into a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Add corn, soup and chili powder. Stir. Place mashed potatoes on top and spread to cover. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes @ 350.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!