It was fairly warm the Saturday before Halloween so we carved pumpkins outside. I love it the years we get to do this.
Bud Boy was all giggles as he cleaned out the inside. After carving his requested face he spent time trying to put the shapes back in. Nice impromptu puzzle. Halloween night he refused to let Dad light the candle in his pumpkin.
We were able to grow our own pumpkins this year. I guess we didn't pick them quiet early enough, though, for as Karebear cleaned out her icy pumpkin she kept complaining about her frozen hands. She is all pro at carving and got two jack-o-lanterns made this year.
| The boo was pretty cool at night. Wish I had thought to get a picture |
After about 2 hours Jolly J came into the house exclaiming, "I just spent two hours carving a giant hole in my pumpkin." She was attempting to create what was called Bug-A-Boo. Let's just say the creature didn't quite stay connected. Her solution, super glued it back in place. Pretty creative and amazing what that stuff can do!
Minnie must have been into the green this year as she picked two green pumpkins. She carved a Frankenstein in one and then painted another. Being outside she got mom to say yes to painting for the first time this year.
And lest we forget Tator rounded out this year with a bat carved in her "perfect"pumpkin she got on her Kindergarten field trip.
Such great pumpkins. I love the Boo, Jolly J's story made me laugh, and Tater's pumpkin really does look perfect!
ReplyDelete