Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Two Weeks

It has been two weeks since my family headed back to school and work after a very nice Christmas break. Yesterday, I finally got my Christmas decorations taken down and finished finding places for all the new Christmas items. This included reorganizing our game closet and book shelf. 

At my last doctors appointment they said two more weeks and then if I go into labor they wouldn't stop anything. TWO WEEKS,  I'm not ready for that! Granted the likely hood of this baby coming that soon is next to zero but still makes things seem a little scary. I'm SO ready to be done being pregnant but not ready to have a baby around quite yet. And definitely not ready to go through labor.

After our last appointment we went and toured the hospital we will be delivering at. Insurance changes have made it so we will be at a different hospital then all the others were born at. I was impressed with what we saw and heard. Puts my mind a little at ease for this whole process. We did learn that last year, during the peak of flu season, all the hospitals put restrictions on visitors to anyone 14 and above. Guess who will be born during the peak of flu season? Let's just hope that isn't the case this year as I know 4 little ones that will be pretty disappointed.

I have felt a big push lately  to get things ready and projects completed.  In the last two weeks we have cleaned out a very crowded and full computer/craft room. It has taken awhile deciding where to put everything as we went from a room to one wall. Here's the final result.

I love to just sit in this organized space!

I have spent a fair amount of time sitting at that computer as we shop for baby items. We have been blessed to find some pretty good deals, too. Also shopping for birthday gifts. We have four that I needed to be ready for before our new little ones arrival.

I am currently trying to move my son into his new room. First comes new carpet and I'm trying to decide if I'm up to painting. If we are going to paint it makes sense to do it before new carpet but I don't know if I have the time or energy. I'm horrible at deciding what colors. Our house was all white walls for years. We then painted the main rooms a brown color. There are times I like it and others the lighting makes things look more green than brown. Plus, I have found painted walls need to be touched up more.....Oh decisions.

I have also felt a desire lately to just enjoy my current life without a baby. You know, actually do something for an extended period of time without interruptions or with a baby in one arm. It has been nice to play games with my kids, go out to eat, read a book, cook and hopefully I'll even get in some scrap booking. Speaking of which I was way excited to find a baby book the other day for next to nothing.

I'm sure the next two weeks will go by just a fast as the last two. Let's just hope it's more like 6 or 7 weeks, though, until we get to see our daughter.


5 comments:

  1. Oh man, those last few weeks I feel such an urge to be ME, just to soak in the fact that I'm not consumed by someone else (even if I'm consumed with other littles).
    Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe it's coming up so soon! Don't hesitate to let us know if you need/want anything anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Wow, only 2 more weeks. I hope all the little kids get to visit in the hospital. John Paul likes to paint but we're both bad at picking out colors. We painted the downstairs and used a color combination we found in one of the sample books at Lowe's and it turned out really well. Yeah, but definitely paint before getting new carpet. That room looks awesome! We have a room like that. It seems like every couple weeks I have to go in and organize it again, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember being pregnant with Amelia and dropping Olivia and Sophie off at preschool. You would think I would do something productive, but I savored those last few days of alone time doing something frivolous like taking a nap or reading a book...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can very much relate! I have so much I want to get done but at the same time I just want to slow down and enjoy our family the way it is right now. Seems like I'm constantly re-evaluating my to-do list...especially as my energy has seemed to disappear. Your organization looks great and I hope all the kids get to meet the baby in the hospital!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...