Monday, February 13, 2012

My Kind of Crafty

I really am not that good at crafts. Especially anything dealing with painting. I decided not to paint my sons room. Mostly this stemmed from the fact that after having all my kids help clean the walls I was exhausted. The walls really didn't look too bad and I wanted to do something else with the few weeks I have until this baby comes than paint.

After the carpet was laid, we moved my son into his new room.  He loved having his own room but I kept hearing, I hate the walls.  I admit they were pretty empty looking. I figured I would make him some fun curtains.



I ended up being able to find these and some wall stickers for less than it would cost for the fabric to make curtains. It was perfect. I didn't have to do the work and my son got something on his bare walls.

We also found a shelf. I figured I could handle painting this but ended up convincing my husband to. Once again perfect for I wasn't doing the work.

 
Besides, he really is quite good with painting. Check out this dresser he re-did a few years back for my daughters room.



It's nothing fancy but all in all we ended up with a room that Bud Boy is enjoying.




While others did the work for my sons room, I kept busy setting up the nursery (or at least transforming half a room into one).


 It's kind of fun to go through little girl clothes again!

I also whipped up these these baby bibs for some friends and our new little one. Sewing is much more my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...