Friday, April 6, 2012

A Month of Kind Acts

I have been working on Princess's baby book the last few days. Yes, I am attempting to not have the last child be forgotten. In fact, if anything I'm doing more for her than the others because she is the last. I seem to take tons of pictures for I don't want to regret not capturing something. Gotta love digital photography. Wasn't so nice with my first. I find myself keeping records such as this blog for the same reasons. Plus, it is one of the few things I can do while holding a sleeping baby. Holding her all I can is something I know I will miss so I'm soaking it up all I can now. And Hey, I'm getting pretty fast at one handed typing!

I was amazed as I entered visitors and gifts that we have received into her baby book. I couldn't help reflecting on all the service that has been done for our family the past month. I am overwhelmed with the kindness of others. A whole months worth of kind deeds:

  • 19 baby gifts of clothes, blankets, burb cloths and toys that we truly needed for this baby girl
  • Over four pages of cards. I love saving these!
  • My father-in-law gave us the most beautiful flower arrangement that lasted for 3 weeks
  • Friends and family brought in enough food that I didn't have to cook for 2 weeks.
  • A friend commenting that I look really good just a few days after birth 
  • My mother watched the kids so I could enjoy the 2 week doctor visit
  • My oldest two ever willingness to watch the baby while I run a sibling some where
  • My sweet husband taking the baby for a few hours at night when he sees I need the sleep
  • My patient children as mom deals with hormonally influenced emotions
  • Tator and Bud Boy playing together so mom can sleep
  • Our Relief Society president taking the kids to school everyday for two weeks. 
  • Kindergarten car pool moms covering my days for three weeks.
  • Many, many kind comments on here and facebook (Thank you!)
  • The neighbor boy coming over often to play with Bud Boy 
  • My mother went grocery shopping
  • Uncle Steve being willing to play trains and checkers with Bud Boy
  • All the kids in Tator's kindergarten class made us cards. So cute!
  • Minnie and her cousins made us a welcome poster.
  • My partner in activity days covering this month by herself so I didn't have to even think about it.
  • A past teacher of my kids going out of her way at parent teacher conference to come see the baby and comment on how well I look.

Feeling so humbled, blessed and grateful to our wonderful neighbors, family and friends.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...