Thursday, March 21, 2013

Just Over a Year Ago

The other day my husband and I were talking. He had just recently returned after doing something with our bishop. After this responsibility, they had spent a few minutes conversing and my husband was able to give   support in a way only a previous bishop can. When he returned home, my husband then remarked that it is hard to belief, in some ways, that he was ever a bishop. That world (we lived for five years) seems so far away and different from what we are now currently living. We both often wonder how we ever found the time for him to do this. It was a difficult, but rewarding experience for our family.


I read this article this morning and was moved by how well he elougently expressed what serving as a bishop is like. I was also humbled and realized how I truly didn't appreciate what my husband was doing and learning while he served as bishop.

I also was really grateful for his link on validation. I feel I need to do this better as I communicate with my children. Truly food for thought and hopefully action.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...