Monday, March 18, 2013

Race on Over





My son informed me that he had never had a birthday party so we set about correcting this great in justice. As I went through the process of coming up with an idea I was amazed at how elaborate some people get . I guess I prefer to keep things a little more simple. Probably mostly due to time and money.

One day I had run to the dollar store to pick up some poster board. I was pretty excited to find a newly arrived shipment of car party items. This was the deciding factor for what type of party we were going to have. Love the dollar store as long it's not something I really care about the quality of. 




We started the party off with a game-throwing bean (actually rice) bags into on old tire.







Then relay car racing



Lining up


A flag wave starts them off

Zig-Zag around the cones


Jump over the tube



Around the tree

Back around the tube
Deer jump not required



And then back around the cones in a race to the finish


Love our little spectator




Treat time





Always kicks one sock off when doing things


Bud Boy had gone with me to pick out a Hot Wheels car for each one of his friends. We wrapped these up so that each boy could unwrap their own present. We then spent the rest of the party playing with these Hot Wheels. It was the highlight of the party.





I had originally planned on not doing gift bags (just giving out hot wheel cars and a bean bag) but couldn't resist when I found these at the dollar store. Anybody else remember doing these?



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting Tyler. He loved it . I love those game ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Great job. Love the relay race a lot. What a great five-year-old!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...