Monday, March 25, 2013

Sweet Sixteen



Words could never express how I feel about our first turning sixteen. It's just one of those overwhelming emotional moments  like her birth,








 the first day of school,






or her baptism





that I'm just grateful to have had the experience and cherish the memories. 


Karebear wanted to celebrate turning sixteen  in her own way.  She invited some friends over to our house.

personally made each friend an invite



They first had a semi-formal dinner of spaghetti and meatballs (one of her favorite foods).

Yay! for good friends

Dad surprised her with flowers
She made apple pie for dessert

Thanks to a dear family friend they then headed off for a fun, friend, photo shoot. She gave each girl a photo frame with words related to friends etched on the glass.

Afterwards they returned home to enjoy a few hours of treats, games and lots of talking (they are girls after all).


1 comment:

  1. Um. I totally remember when you turned 16.
    I feel so old.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...