Saturday, April 17, 2010

Field Trips

 (Farm silo's don't always lend well to great picture;
all those kids can stir up a lot of dust)

I had the privilege of going with my daughter's class on a field trip. I say privilege for it truly feels like that. I didn't really feel like the teacher needed me to be there for adult supervision because things were so well organized. Instead, I got to go someplace, see some new things and didn't have to worry about two toddlers running off, complaining they were hungry, tired, or thirsty.

I must give a big THANKS to my mother for watching my youngest two. Without the family I have close I know I couldn't be involved as much in my childrens' classrooms.

I am so grateful to a teacher who takes the time to plan field trips. I don't feel like my kids go on very many field trips anymore. For me, field trips are some of my favorite memories.

I remember one year in school  we hiked to Timp Cave and went on the tour. For months to prepare for this we would exercise as a class. I remember often walking/running around our school.

Another field trip I remember going on was to Christmas Around the World at BYU. This was the first time I remember seeing a disco ball. It was truly mesmerizing to see the diagonal shaped lights spread all over the ceiling and walls of that large arena.

My favorite part of being the chaperon on a field trip is the one and one time I get to spend. It is so fun to see my children outside the classroom, but still a student. I hope it is a neat memory for them as well.

I remember vividly a field trip my mom came on. We went to BYU's planetarium. I can't tell you anything about the planetarium but I do remember our whole class lining the hallway to eat lunch. My mom had packed our lunch. It must have been around Easter for we had hard boiled eggs with the plastic decorated wrapper on them. We also had small pecan pies. My grandparents must have recently visited (probably they were babysitting which is how my mom was able to go) for I remember my mom telling me they had given them to her. I don't even know if I like them, but I sure do remember them in my lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...