Monday, April 5, 2010

It Has Begun


We are remodeling!

For Spring Break we usually go camping with my parents. We figured we would give the kids some memories of a different sort. We are re-doing the kitchen. We are putting in tile floor. We pulled all the cabinets to do this and then will have granite counter tops installed when we are done. We are also putting tile down the hallway, laundry room and in then in the one bathroom we haven't finished. We are also replacing the counter top in that bathroom. We will finally have all under mount or solid surface sinks in our home! We plan to paint and replace some carpets.

I have heard quite a few comments from my kids that it feels like we are camping. In terms of the picnic style eating, cooking and washing dishes, and the dust it definitely feels like it. It may not be ideal living conditions but for camping it's not bad. I didn't have to pack, I wont have a lot of dirt stained laundry. I still am warm and I can shower.



I'm just grateful to this man who is willing to tackle all this work.


And even lets the kids get involved...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You guys have a lot of guts! That sounds like a TON of remodeling (but, I have to say an awesome family project to do together)! Hope for your sakes it goes by quickly and you will have a brand new home again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like a good way to keep the kids busy during spring break! Can't wait to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...