My favorite part is when the neighbor asks if they have ever heard of saying no. The parents state that they haven't and so the neighbor fills them in. Can you imagine never saying no as a parent? Either these parents are very creative or that is one spoiled mouse.
Lately my son has had a problem with waking up wet in the mornings. A problem we are trying to figure a solution to. Any Ideas? I'm new to this boy thing and my girls didn't have this much of a problem. I think it is a directional thing and that he sleeps on his belly.
Anyway, once again we found him and his blankets wet. I currently don't have a washer and dryer do to our remodeling. I knew this was happening this weekend so I had washed almost everything I could think of and was well prepared. In fact I was kind of looking forward to the excuse to not have to do laundry. Especially the folding.
I really don't like to fold.
Going without my son's blankets for a week was not an option. So I hand washed them and hung them outside to dry. Thank goodness our weather is nice and sunny!
Let me just say that hand washing isn't my idea of fun. I would rather any day live without a kitchen sink, dishwasher and stove than a washing machine. I have the bathroom sink. I can always use paper so I have very little dishes. There are so many ways to cook (BBQ, skillet, microwave) or I can always get take out. I wouldn't want to do this forever for it can get expensive but I can handle it. And did for a week.
Hand washing, though is another story. I have a new found appreciation for our fore fathers, or should I say mothers who didn't have this modern convenience.
You'll hear no complaining on my part for my husband has been working very diligently to complete our tile work. I will sure be grateful, though, when these are out of my garage and back in the laundry room.
(See all packed up and right ready to be moved!)
Our washer and dryer are always in my garage. It's a California thing. They are separated by my water heater and furnace. Which, is just a stupid thing. :)
ReplyDeleteI went to order my new washing mahine, and they told me the soonest delivery date was a week out. Are you kidding me? I can't go a week without doing laundry! I can't even go half a week! So I skipped the "free delivery" and Doug and I lugged the new washer home and into the house ourselves. It was worth it!
ReplyDeleteHilary-That is different to have the water heater and furnace separating them. Glad that's not common here.
ReplyDeleteRebecca-I would have done the same thing. Normally I can't go a week either, especially if I'm not planning to. We are getting some pretty big piles so I think I am going to have to head to family this weekend. Thanks goodness they are an option.