Friday, April 23, 2010

You're Gonna Miss This

My sister recently did a post with a link to this song by Trace Adkins. This really touched me and I got thinking.

What are the things in my life, right now, that someday I will miss?

What should I take the time to truly enjoy as they happen?

Here's what I have thought of over the last week (in no particular order)

  • My son's wake-up call "Mom, Mom, come ear" each morning.
  • My four year old randomly breaking out into song; especially in the bathroom.
  • The excited chatter as my kids come home from school and tell me about their day.
  • My teenager's bubbly excitement when she returns home from Young Women's, not at all interested in going to bed, so we talk.
  • The imaginative talk I overhear as my children play with their toys.
  • Seeing my husband in a suit often as he fulfills his bishop responsibilities
  • A body that is relatively healthy, strong and free of pain.
  • The company of my two toddlers during the day. 
  • Combing hair and attempting new styles.
  • Playing card games with my kids.
  • The easily spilling laughter of my two year old.
  • My two year old's exclamation, "I did it!"
  • The door bell ringing four or five times in a row. Hearing, "chick or cheat" yelled excitedly when I open the door any time of year.
  • Singing a bedtime song, tucking them in and blowing kisses. Then hearing my son say, "got it!"

What will you miss?



I hope you take a moment to treasure and savor it for someday all we will have is a memory.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, all those things are so precious. I love that song too...and the little things that make life wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post. In fact, I might steal the idea!! I think I might miss all of the little handprints that I wipe off of my windows, fridge, walls, etc. every day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...