This is my favorite time of year for music. It is at this time of year I am grateful for the efforts we have put into teaching our children piano. I love hearing them play Christmas songs. My absolute favorite is playing duets with them. I hope it is a fond memory for them as well.
This year we even added in the flute My oldest has been playing the flute for about two years. Her sister, who is 22 months younger, has stated she wants to start learning the flute. We have had my daughter using my old flute. We figured if we were going to soon have two children playing the flute (I promise I'm not persuading them) it was time to buy my oldest her own flute. Let's just say our bank account is feeling a little tight right now and she had better keep up with the flute for awhile.
Lately she has been helping us feel like this expense was worth it as she has practiced a lot. I love it! We have also done some Christmas piano/flute duets. Now that we have two flutes I look forward to doing some flute duets.
I am so grateful I can enjoy music from my kids and that I can play music with them.
I know, I love christmas music, and I'm especially excited to have a piano this year!
ReplyDeleteBefore you buy another flute, you can check with me about using mine if you want to...I only played for about 3 years and don't think I'll ever play it again...