Yesterday I had my little ones help me make granola, which incidentally is my son's current favorite. We also made some bread dough. While it was rising, I sent the kids out to play in the leaves. As I was cleaning up from our adventures in the kitchen, I glanced out the window and had to pause to watch.
It was a perfect Fall day, just cool enough to need a jacket. The warm sun took the rest of the chill off. My kids piled leaves onto the slide and cried with joy as they slid through them. They then raked them into a pile and jumped into the soft landing. They were truly enjoying this moment.
I couldn't help think these are the moments I dreamed of when I thought of being a mother. Working hard to meet their needs and desires all seemed worth it when I got to watch them just truly enjoying child hood.
As I grabbed my shoes to go help them bury each other in leaves, I was grateful....
Grateful that I get to be a mother!
Surprise, Surprise! As I downloaded pictures from our camera today I found 70 pictures they had taken of yesterday's adventure. Here's just a glimpse of what I got to silently watch.
Fun! I love this post.
ReplyDelete