Friday, November 19, 2010

My home

The other day I drove a friend of my daughter's home. Let's just say she lived in a nice home in a nice looking neighborhood. I found myself focusing on all the things I would love different about my home and where I live. I needed to change my focus and be grateful for what I have. I need to strife to enjoy and just be happy with here and now. Here's what I have realized I like about where I live. 

Living on a non-through street.

Having very patient neighbors and not a lot of restrictive covenants. It allows us a place (on the street) to park the big beast (the trailer) until we decided where to put it permanently.

Getting to drive by these everyday as I take my kids to school.


And then not having to drive to far. In fact it's within a short bike ride or a good walking distance to see these.





Living close to 


And




The day to day memories we get to have with them are priceless.


Having adequate rooms for all of us. While things seem a little tight it's a whole lot better than what my husband or I grew up in. We each came from 3 bedroom homes with one bathroom. We should feel spoiled with three bathrooms, a fact we remind the girls of often.



And at the risk of bragging, but we have done a lot of work so I figured I should enjoy it, the remodeling we have done.

3 comments:

  1. And as Steve always reminds me...The bigger the house, with more open space, the bigger the utility bills just to heat and cool it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica - so true! And, the bigger the house, the more cleaning! I told Jones and Miles about only having one bathroom growing up. They thought I was kidding. And then they laughed and REALLY didn't believe me when I said the washer and dryer was in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of people in our ward have *gasp* type houses--amazingly poor or amazingly rich. The poor houses remind me of how much I have to be grateful for, and the rich houses remind me that no matter how much house or space you have, it's always possible to find a way to be discontent and want more. Trick is, like you said, to be grateful for what you have. And improve what you can...wish I could have come see your remodeling! Time ran away from me too quickly. Next visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...