I love that at this time of year we have a holiday to remind us to take time and be grateful. I have seen how a lot of people attempt to do this by blogging everyday in the month of November. I have thought this is a great idea but have realized for me, at this stage of life, that just isn't possible. My kids would be neglected too much. So..... I thought this year I would attempt one week. In this week before Thanksgiving I hope to try and express what has been my thoughts this month in regards to being thankful.
I would like to start this off with thanks going out to you--My family and friends who take time to read this blog.
As I sat down to write this post I saw that I have over 100 posts. Over the course of the past year and those posts, I have really found that I enjoy blogging. It gives me a chance to do something creative while keeping a record of family events and everyday details that otherwise might be forgotten. Even though I enjoy blogging I could easily do this on something that is just private. I have realized, though, that knowing someone is going to read this and will notice if I don't post is what keeps myself blogging. Without you I know this would turn into one more thing, like scrap booking, that I just never quite make time for. I would then have good intentions but no actual recording of life.
Each time I post something, though, I get nervous. Is it just the same old stuff? Am I being to personal? Do I put too much about my kids so I sound like I'm bragging? It is so nice to post and have someone take time to comment. It's kind of a validation that what I wrote was interesting for someone. I also truly love the ablility to keep in touch with you through your comments and your own blogs.
So.... today I am very grateful for YOU. Grateful for the time you spend in reading. Grateful that we have this way to keep in touch and share thoughts, everyday events and give support to each other.
I'm so grateful you have a blog! I really like reading every post.
ReplyDelete