Tuesday, September 7, 2010

After a fun three day weekend (more details to come later) my to-do list seems pretty demanding. The housework calls heavily. All I want to do today is just go from one task to the other, feeling the sense of accomplishment that comes when each chore is completed.


None the less my youngest two are filling a sense of loss. Who will play with me? What are we doing today? Let's ride bikes? Come jump on the tramp.

As I look around for a sister to gladly fulfill those requests I realize how much we all miss having them in school. So....

I look at the pile of laundry on the couch and shut down my in box-the piling emails will have to wait.

As I strap on my daughters bike helmet, I have to constantly remind myself that this is what I will miss some day.....being a mother. Not the laundry and the ever growing to-do list, I think.

As we journey out into the road to see the horses, I try not to act frustarted at the slow pace. I once again remind myself this is what you should be doing. After a ride it's on to playing a go fish matching game with my son. Then to the tramp where my son giggles with delight and my daughter shows off her beginning skills at doing a cartwheel.


( It's amazing what you can find on the camera after your kids have spent time with it)


Now, in a few quiet moments during nap/quiet time, my task list is still pretty high and I know I'll never complete much in these few hours. I just had to take a moment, though, to recognize what I have got done today. Writing this seems to bring on some peace. Peace that knowing hopefully my kids will remember a mom who played with them. Isn't that the goal anyway? Beside I was able to work in some exercise.

2 comments:

  1. You are sooo wonderful. and a good Mom. I am very sure that your kids will remember all that you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for playing with them! I constantly struggle with this balance: housework, exercise, play, schooling, etc. It can get overwhelming at times.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...