I don't know but it is sure an inconvenience. Our kitchen sink has fallen twice! The first time it happened is just fell on the back side. We were able to prop it up and soon they came to repair it. It turns out they had just forgotten to secure one side-Oops!
Today I came in from mowing the lawn to discover the whole sink had dropped out. It had been full of water soaking some dishes. I'm not sure what the deal is now but the way they are securing it is truly not working. Things of course always happen after hours so I am back to trying to use minimal dishes until probably Monday.
I have loved the granite and under mount stainless steel sink, but this is started to make me wish we had gone with solid surface. On the bright side I am so grateful we put in tile and not hard wood with all the water we have had spilling out lately.
Thanks goodness tomorrow is fast Sunday for us so dish usage will be less. Plus, we traditionally go to Grandparents for Sunday dinner. I'm just bumped for I was planning on making cookies tonight.
Bummer and I hope you get it fixed soon - but at the same time, I kind of wish I had video of that. =)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! What an inconvenience. I agree with Brent--hope you get it fixed soon, but be sure to take a picture!
ReplyDeleteI've often wondered how they mount those!
ReplyDeleteBrent and Jenny-Unfortunately I was here alone. I was more focused on stopping the water so I didn't get video/picture. I guess this post is my way of remembering.
ReplyDeleteHilary-they are supposed to be mounted with blocks of wood and glue. As for as we can tell they should have taken everything off the first time, not just fix the one side. From the research we did we guess, based on the color of the stuff, that they didn't use enough bonding agent originally. We'll see what they say if they ever return our calls. Truly frustrating!