Sunday, November 14, 2010

Gingerbread Festival

This week I turned the car radio to one of the stations that plays Christmas music all the time. (They actually started the day after Halloween- I'm not ready for Christmas music that early). While I can't stand listening to Christmas music all the time I quite enjoyed it on my drive home. Christmas music is the thing that gets me in the Holiday spirit.

At our house we celebrate Thanksgiving. We have specific Thanksgiving activities and lessons and we put up Thanksgiving decorations. I don't mind, though, seeing evidence of Christmas early. It just reminds me of the Holidays and the traditions we love. For me, Thanksgiving is part of the Holidays. 

One of our traditions is to attend the Gingerbread Festival.  It is another thing that brings the Holiday spirit. Here's some of our "favorites" this year captured by my kids at the camera (I think they take more pictures than I do. I don't know what we'll do if they ever get their own cameras).









A Smurf's house


Pinkalicious


Up, Up and Away



3 comments:

  1. I didn't know there was a Gingerbread festival! I love that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica- it goes through Monday if you interested. This year it's at the Scout office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I went there yesterday! So cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...